Secretary Job Description Template
If you like to get involved in administrative duties and schedules management, you probably have the competence to do the secretary job description. Many people, especially women, have this type of occupation as their dream job. It is applicable by those from different education backgrounds. Most bosses prefer to get the administrative tasks done by female secretaries. It is probably because women are usually able to do a job diligently and carefully.
Are you intended to apply for a secretary position in a company? Make sure you have known what to do. Generally, the tasks of a secretary or administrator include the word processing, letter writing, files creating and maintaining, arranging meetings and appointments, and also dealing with telephone and email enquiries. In more detail samples, the secretary job description are listed as follow:
- Schedule and attend a meeting as well as take notes on this event.
- Prepare and manage files, letters and reports
- Control and use the systems in the office
- Communicate with other companies that become the partners of organization where you are going to work at
- Arrange internal and external appointments
- Assist the preparation of both internal and external programs
- Take care of the incoming and outgoing letters
- Handle the filing system and make improvement if it is necessary
- Connect both internal and external contacts
- Handle and prepare the information for internal and external parts of the company
- Collect, save and maintain the essential files
- Control the machinery and stationary stuff
- Implement and oversee the administrative functions in the organization
A secretary does not only provide assistance to the boss. This position also allows you to have role in the management of administrative jobs. The given tasks may look so easy to work on. However, it is quite challenging to be a successful secretary. Besides comprehending the secretary description jobs, you should prepare yourself with the knowledge of essential quality, knowledge and skills. You can learn the following tips how to be an effective administrator:
- You have to be reliable by being a punctual, accurate, timely and honest assistance.
- You must have initiative to drive yourself do the tasks without having to wait the boss instructions.
- You have to do your tasks quickly and efficiently, especially the efficiency that is translated into money.
- You have to know how to handle the discretion of confidential data.
- You should have the ability to adjust yourself flexibly with the dynamic changes in working environment.
- You need to equip yourself with the diplomatic and tactful competence.
- You must have pleasing appearance and attitude.
- You must be patient in handling different types of personality and challenge at work.
There are actually several types of secretary based on the expertise. The difference of working environments requires a person have more specific educational qualification. However, if you want to be a general administrative assistant, the high school diploma certification can be your way in. Highlight your competence by comprehending the secretary job description to impress the interviewer and make your application stand out among of the others when you apply for the job.
Secretary Job Description Template (unknown, 534 hits)